It is law that all property landlords who rent property are required to have all gas appliances and pipe work checked by a Gas safe engineer who will provide them with a CP 12 Gas Safety Certificate which is needed every 12 months.
The CP 12 certificate is a legal requirement and should be a high priority for all landlords and tenants and only competent gas safe registered engineers can carry out the inspection.
When Absolute Energy Services carry out a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection we do the following during the CP 12 Gas Safety Inspection:
For a Landlords Safety Record inspection a tightness check of the full system should be added to the below list
- We will check all appliances for gas tightness, checking for leaks or any pressure loss.
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available.
- Test the burner pressure and gas rate against manufacturer’s data sheet.
- Test for satisfactory provision of necessary ventilation.
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
- Test satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
- Test for physical stability, presence.
Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person. An appliance cannot be deemed as having been checked, until the above has been completed.
Please see our pricing guide for costs on this service
We even go further by a yearly reminder letter to take the stress of trying to remember this important service that is required by law. This letter can be sent to your residing address with reference to the tenanted property.